Click here to read Real Flower Crafts & Activities for Kids to Explore Spring on Hands On As We Grow®
Make real flower crafts and enjoy fun activities using actual blossoms with these 22 great ideas!
I love this time of year. The fresh green buds on the trees and the hopeful feeling of a new flower bud about to bloom. The fresh possibilities of the upcoming months. It’s a fresh start!
Flowers bring so much happiness with their beauty and scent.
This year I’m hoping to have a garden of flowers to cut to fill vases upon vases throughout the summer! But also to make flowers crafts and do activities with them!
Yes, they can be so much more than just a flower in a vase.
Many of these flower crafts and activities are also a fantastic opportunity to talk to your child about the parts of a flower.
What is the stem? The petal? What is the stamen?
Here’s an article that explains both the anatomy of a flower. You can also talk about the life cycle of flowers while you craft with your beautiful blossoms!
How do you use real flowers for art?
Try letting your kids use real flowers as paint brushes or stamps to create beautiful art pieces. Or squish them onto clear contact paper or packing tape to make sun-catchers to hang in the window or on the wall!
Simple ways to bring the new season inside with your kids!
There are so many fun ways to use real flowers to create arts and crafts!
Below are some of my favorite ideas.
Flower Crafts & Art Projects for Kids:
Bring the beauty of flowers into the home and get creative with them!
Make these flower crafts, or do an art project with flowers!
- Flower Stained Glass from The Artful Parent
- Homemade Pressed Flower Votive as seen on Homegrown Friends
- Painting with a Bouquet of Flowers from Teach Preschool
- Flower Chain Crowns as seen on Fireflies and Mud Pies
- Flower Fairy Fashions from Artful Adventures
- Nature Suncatcher Wind Chimes from Hands On As We Grow
- Pressed Flowers Bookmarks as seen on Buggy and Buddy
- Nature Suncatcher from Hands On As We Grow
- Flower Petal Placemats No Time for Flash Cards
If you’re on the lookout for more flower crafts that aren’t made of real flowers, check these flowers out!
Real Flower Activities for Kids:
Flowers can be more than just about their beauty.
Explore flowers with science experiments, sensory activities and even learn with and about flowers!
- DIY Glowing Flowers from Fun at Home with Kids
- Nature Sensory Bag Suncatcher from Hands On As We Grow
- Spring Flower Play Dough as seen on Craftulate for Pre-K Pages
- Fairy Soup from Happy Hooligans
- Count Flower Petals as seen on Hands On As We Grow
- Invitation to Create with Flower Petals from Teach Preschool
- Homemade Watercolors Made from Flowers as seen on Learn Play Imagine
- Flower Petal Numbers from Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Nature Cutting Tray as seen on Munchkins and Moms
- How to Dye Flowers Two Colors from The Artful Parent
- Dissecting a Flower as seen on Gift of Curiosity
- Spring Flower Sensory Bottle from Kids Craft Room
- Freezing and Melting Flowers in Ice as seen on The Imagination Tree
Nature is amazing to explore with the kids. It’s even more fun what you can do real flower crafts and activities together!
I love the children remind me to not take it for granted. They often help me look at it with fresh eyes and its so beautiful!