Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes + 10 to cool
Total Time: 45 minutes
This recipe is adapted from Lichen Paleo Loving AIP.
1/3 cup banana flour
1/3 cup carob powder
2 tbsp collagen
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup avocado, mashed (frozen works great, just heat up first then mash)
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 8 square glass baking dish with parchment paper. I overhang the parchment and use alligator clips to keep it in place. Once the dough is in, take off the alligator clips and trim the excess parchment.
- Combine all the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients (mash the avocado first).
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and smooth with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow it to cool for 10 minutes and then lift onto a cooling rack. Make sure to let it cool completely before you eat it (it tastes better!).
- You can cut this into traditional squares or rectangles. But if you want to go all fancy, cookie cutters work really well. The leftovers from the cookie cutters you can say are truffles, it will wow your guests!
This page contains affiliate links meaning I can earn commission from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.