Don't miss this Butterfinger Cake Recipe – it only takes 5 ingredients and is SO EASY to do. Find out how to make this delicious dessert!
Butterfinger Cake Recipe – SO Easy To Make This Delicious Dessert!
Shannon here! This past Father's Day my husband asked for a specific meal instead of a present. 🙂
He wanted Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed potatoes, Apple Spinach Salad with Vanilla Bean Dressing and this Butterfinger Cake. Yum!
After making it, I couldn't believe how simple it was to make, and it was so good! My husband gave it a huge thumbs up, and it's a great recipe to share at a potluck.
TIP: If you love easy and delicious recipes like this one, you can find this and 70+ additional recipes in our Freezer Meals Made Easy Set!
Ingredients for this Butterfinger Poke Cake:
- chocolate cake mix
- sweetened condensed milk
- Butterfinger snack size bars
- caramel ice cream topping
- frozen whipped topping
How to Make a Butterfinger Cake:
You'll want to start by preparing your cake mix according to the package instructions. Then once it is done allow the cake to cool COMPLETELY on a wire rack. While it is cooking, you can go ahead and crush your Butterfinger candy bars and allow your whipped topping to thaw.
Once the cake is cooled, take a wooden spoon, and poke holes into the cake using the handle. The holes should be about 1 inch apart and 1 inch deep.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the cake and sprinkle with half of the Butterfingers. Pour the caramel sauce over the Butterfingers, and then spread the cake with Cool Whip. Sprinkle the top with your remaining chopped Butterfingers and enjoy!
If you're planning to enjoy this Butterfinger Cake later in the day, be sure to refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 15.25 oz box chocolate cake mix
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 11 oz Butterfinger snack size bars chopped
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping
- Prepare cake according to package directions using a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cool completely in pan on wire racks.
- Poke holes in cake about 1 inch apart and 1 inch deep using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk over cake and sprinkle with half of the chopped Butterfingers.
- Pour caramel topping over Butterfingers and then spread with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with remaining Butterfingers.
Note from Laurie: Here's Reagan and I (obviously YEARS ago!) making the same recipe but using Heath Bars instead. Yum!
This recipe is part of our Menu Planning Made Easy Freezer Menu Plan! It's got 72 super delicious recipes and includes your weekly grocery list too.
Here are a few of our favorite dessert recipes too!
The post Butterfinger Cake Recipe | DELICIOUS and Only 5 Ingredients! appeared first on Passionate Penny Pincher.