Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes + 2 for cooling
Total Time: 24 minutes
This recipe is adapted from A Squirrel in the Kitchen.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Either use silicon mats or parchment paper on baking sheets.
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the palm shortening in a small dish. Add the maple syrup. Now add the gelatin on top and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine.
- Scoop cookies onto the baking sheet with a cookie scoop. Then flatten them slightly with your hand. Dont flatten too much as they do spread a little.
- Bake for 12 minutes, let cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Palm shortening makes everything turn a yellow/orange. This includes your hands! So wear gloves and rinse dishes and utensils as soon as possible before putting in the dishwasher.
This page contains affiliate links meaning I can earn commission from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.