This easy banana pudding recipe is just what you need for using up ripe bananas. It's a delicious and comforting dessert made in under an hour!
Folks, if you're looking for a simple but delicious pudding recipe to use up those ripe or surplus bananas then I've got you covered with this easy banana pudding recipe.
Unlike a traditional banana pudding cake recipe which features layers of custard and fresh bananas between vanilla wafers topped with whipped heavy cream, this doesn't involve half as much effort. Or as many calories!
This is an easy recipe. For this classic banana pudding all you'll need is a handful of ingredients, 10 minutes prep, and then you can let it cook away in the oven for 40 minutes whilst you get on with other things!
When I was a kid I loved this comforting easy banana cake recipe. And even now as a full grown adult it's a favourite instant pudding!
What does it taste like? Well it's a bit like warmed up banana bread but in cake form and it's excellent just served that way with a dollop of vanilla ice cream, a little sour cream or creme fraiche.
I've made so many recipes with bananas. If it's an even healthier banana dessert that you're looking for then check out my healthy banana pudding.
Or see the list of more banana recipes you might like to try below!
I hope you enjoy this delicious dessert and who knows it may even become one of your favourites.
I find this my best recipe which can be easily whipped up for those impromptu family gatherings![feast_advanced_jump_to]
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon Powder
- Caster Sugar
- Plain Flour
- Bananas - essential
- Vegetable Oil - any kind of vegetable oil is fine. Don't use olive oil as it will make the banana taste funny.
- Vanilla Extract - vanilla paste or vanilla essence are also fine.
- Cinnamon Powder - you could substitute with a pinch of nutmeg or allspice.
- Caster Sugar - you could use granulated sugar.
- Egg - I use a free range medium sized egg. Any good quality eggs will do.
- Plain Flour - essential
Subscribe To Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
How To Store Banana Pudding?
You can store it in an airtight container but it should be eaten within 1 - 2 days. Do not put in the fridge as it loses its flavour quickly and the cooked bananas can go black.
Can Banana Pudding Be Frozen?
I do not recommend freezing this banana pudding.
How Many Calories In Banana Pudding?
There are 216 calories in banana pudding.
Can I Make Banana Pudding Gluten Free?
Yes. Just substitute the plain flour with Gluten Free flour instead.
More Banana Recipes You Might Like To Try
- Hawaiian banana bread pudding is my healthier take on the delicious traditional bread and butter pudding. With a golden crust and classic flavours this is a simple and comforting pudding that just tastes so indulgent!
- This delicious banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With vitamin E and calcium from the bananas this is a great instant energy booster. Plus it's only 378 calories!
- Healthy banana and walnut loaf is the perfect accompaniment to your coffee/tea break. It's delicious and easy to make with a superb moist texture.
- These no bake banana energy bars make a fantastic tasty snack that will help boost your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer. Stuffed full of healthy fruits, seeds and nuts, they’re refined sugar free and only 259 calories each.
- Healthy banana oat pancakes. Delicious and extremely easy to make. Put the ingredients into a blender or food processor and then cook them in just 20 minutes!
Easy Banana Pudding Recipe
- 4 medium sized ripe bananas
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and grease an ovenproof dish.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas using the potato masher.
- Add the vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, caster sugar, egg, and plain flour. Mix well into a batter.
- Pour the batter into the ovenproof dish and bake for 40 - 45 minutes until browned up top.
- Serve with ice cream or low-fat yogurt.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this easy banana pudding recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂