If you’re looking for some easy-to-make comfort food recipes this fall, TV personality and Chef Emeril Lagasse has a brand new cookbook featuring lighter versions of some classic family-style dishes. The book, “Emeril Everyday Recipes,” includes more than 100 recipes, such as chicken pot pie, turkey breast, mac and cheese and more.
Lagasse also recently debuted the Emeril Lagasse Power AirFryer 360 and he shared some recipes from the book with Simplemost.
While every recipe calls for the Power AirFryer 360, you can use an air fryer you already have or simply use your oven. The baking temperature will be the same regardless, but the oven may take a bit longer. So take that into account and, if you’re using your oven, check your meal more often to make sure it’s cooked correctly.
Also of note: You can ignore the parts of the recipe that say things like “crisper tray” or “shelf position” if you’re using your oven, as those instructions are specific to the AirFryer 360.
Take a look at just some of the recipes you’ll find in “Emeril Everyday Recipes.”
Bacon & Herb Turkey Breast
3 strips thick-cut bacon 1 tbsp. minced garlic 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary 1 tsp. chopped fresh oregano 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme 3 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided 1 2-3 lb half turkey breast, rinsed & patted dry
1. Place a medium-size skillet on the stovetop. Cook the bacon until crisp over medium-high heat. Reserve 1 tbsp. bacon fat and transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.
2. When the bacon has cooled, chop it finely and transfer it to a small bowl. Add the garlic, sage, rosemary, oregano, thyme, butter, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. black pepper. Use a small spoon to mix thoroughly to combine and form a paste.
3. Use your fingertips to gently loosen the skin on the turkey breast so that the skin is separated from the flesh. Gently spread the herb paste between the skin and flesh. Season the outside of the turkey breast with the rest of the salt and black pepper. Brush the turkey all over with the reserved bacon fat.
4. Place the turkey on the Crisper Tray. Slide the Crisper Tray into Shelf Position two. Select the Bake setting (325 degrees for 30 mins.). Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Cook until the internal temperature of the hens reaches 165 degrees.
5. When the cooking time is complete, remove the turkey from the Power AirFryer 360 and let rest for 20 mins. before carving.
Chicken Pot Pie
6 tbsp. butter 1 cup chopped button mushrooms 1 cup chopped onions 1 cup chopped carrots 3/4 cup chopped celery 1 tbsp. chopped garlic 1 tsp. kosher salt 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper 6 tbsp. flour, plus more for dusting 2 lb boneless & skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite-size pieces 3 cups chicken broth 1/2 cup frozen green peas 4 tsp. chopped parsley 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed 1 egg, whisked
1. Place a 3-qt. pot on the stovetop. Melt the butter over medium heat. Then, saute the mushrooms, onions, carrots, celery and garlic (about 3 mins.).
2. Add the salt, black pepper and 6 tbsp. flour and cook while stirring for about 2 mins.
3. Add the chicken and cook for about 5 mins.
4. Add the broth, stir and simmer for about 20 mins. Then, remove from the heat and add the peas and parsley.
5. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry over the flour. Invert a 9 x 9 3-qt. casserole dish over the puff pastry and use a small knife to cut around the casserole dish 1 in. wider than the casserole dish.
6. Fill the casserole dish with the filling. Place the puff pastry on top of the casserole dish loosely. Cut a small hole in the center of the pastry for a vent hole.
7. Whisk the egg together with 1 tbsp. water in a small bowl to make an egg wash. Paint the puff pastry with the egg wash.
8. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position five. Place the casserole dish on the Pizza Rack. Select the Airfry setting (400 degrees). Set the cooking time to 20 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Cook until the puff pastry has puffed and is golden brown.
9. When the cooking time is complete, serve immediately.
Bacon and Corn Pudding 4 strips bacon, cut into pieces Kernels from 2 ears corn 1–2 cups small-diced onion 1–2 cups small-diced red bell pepper 1–2 cups small-diced celery 1 tsp. kosher salt 1 tsp. Creole seasoning 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper 2 tsp. minced garlic 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves 1 cup whole milk 1 cup heavy cream 3 large eggs 3 cups cubed day-old bread 1 cup grated Monterey Jack (about 4 oz) 1 tbsp. butter, softened 3 tbsp. finely grated Parmesan
1. Place a medium-size saute pan on the stovetop and heat the pan over medium heat. When the pan is heated, add the bacon and cook while stirring as needed until most of the fat has rendered (3–4 mins.).
2. Add the corn, onion, bell pepper, celery, salt, Creole seasoning and ground cayenne pepper to the pan and cook until softened (about 5 mins.). Then, add the garlic and thyme and remove the pan from the heat.
3. Add the milk, cream and eggs to a medium-size bowl and whisk to combine. Fold in the bread, Monterey Jack and the onion mixture. Set aside for 5 mins. to allow the bread to absorb some of the liquid.
4. Grease a 9 x 9 3-qt. casserole dish with the butter and transfer the pudding mixture to the pan.
5. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position six. Place the casserole dish on the Pizza Rack. Select the Bake setting (325 degrees). Set the cooking time to 20 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle.
6. When the cooking time is complete, sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the pudding.
7. Select the Bake setting. Set the cooking temperature to 300 degrees and set the cooking time to 10 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle.
8. When the cooking time is complete, remove the pudding from the Power AirFryer 360 and let cool for at least 30 mins. before serving.
all-purpose flour, for dusting one store-bought or homemade prepared pie dough, room temperature 1 cup chopped pecans 4 large eggs 1 1⁄3 cups light corn syrup 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted 1 tsp. vanilla extract 1 tsp. salt vanilla ice cream
1. Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pie dough. Invert a 10-in. plate on top of the pie dough and use the plate as a template to cut around the dough’s edges to make a pie shell. Discard the rest of the dough and lay the formed dough into a 9-in. pie pan, easing the dough into the bottom so that it fits snugly against all edges.
2. Fold the edges of the dough under itself so that the folded edges sit above the rim of the pie pan. Crimp the edges of the pie dough to form a decorative edge.
3. Place the pecans in the pie shell. Combine the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Then, pour the egg mixture over the nuts in the pie shell.
4. Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position five. Place the pie pan on the Pizza Rack. Select the Bake setting. Set the cooking temperature to 300 degrees and set the cooking time to 35 mins. Press the Start Button to begin the cooking cycle. Cook the pie until the crust is golden brown and the pie is just set.
5. Let the pie cool for at least 50 mins. before serving. Serve with the vanilla ice cream if desired.
Which of these fall recipes from Chef Emeril Lagasse are you most excited to try?
We were not paid to write this story. The products and services mentioned below were selected independent of sales and advertising. However, Simplemost may receive a small commission from the purchase of any products or services through an affiliate link to the retailer's website.
#FallRecipes #Food&Recipes #Entertainment #Recipes #Products